If you want to purchase pig simply for domestic consumption then you must go for the healthy one. As pig is a unique animal it is quite tough to determine which one can make your feast tasty and delicious. So always go for such pigs with round full curve for obtaining maximum meat. Hybrid pigs are much safe for consumption and so you should not miss it from your purchasing list. Finally always consider the environmental factors before purchasing pig. If pigs are raised in open environment then do not purchase it or if they are raised in protective environment then it is safe to buy them.
Pigs are scavengers and eat almost everything lying in their way. It includes urine, feces, rotten foods, carcasses and cancerous growth. Thus, it is a dirty animal which also feeds on insects, bugs, dead carcass of sick animals and leftover scraps of the farm. All of these facts are enough to caution a non vegetarian against eating its meat. Pork as a meat dish is known to be rich in toxins compared to beef, mutton and chicken. Listed below are reasons to avoid pork as much as possible: Continue reading Reasons to avoid pork
Pigs are known for their eating habits and they are also consumed by people in various countries in the world. But there are some facts about pigs that people don’t know, some of them are:
- Very few people know that pigs are unbelievably intelligent. They are known to be insightful animals that always seem to be curious.
- Pigs are also known to be social animals and they form nice bonds with various individuals.
- Though they live in dirty conditions and consume mainly garbage, one fact that most people don’t know is that pigs like to keep their toilet area far away from the place where they live. This is true with the new born piglets too, as they walk to the toilet area far away from their nest.
- Pigs have a very peaceful nature and they very rarely show aggressiveness. The only situation when one would be faced by aggression is if the mother of piglets is disturbed or a pig is faced with real danger.
- Even wild pigs have an important role when it comes to biodiversity and managing the ecosystem. They perform the process of rooting and this leads of space for new plants.
- Like all the other animals pigs also have a nice sense of smell. The round disk around the snout is directly connected to the muscle and this provides them with extra flexibility for rooting.
- Though this is different from the facts mentioned above but a pig is among the last of the 12 animals that have been included in the Chinese Zodiac calendar.
- Pigs have also been used for experimentation in various laboratories for some research but the intuitions need to make sure that there is no cruelty on them.
These were some of the interesting facts on pigs that can help you know more about the creature and its activities.
Pig is a peculiar animal which mainly consumes garbage and other organic products. It mainly resides in deep jungles and sometimes near any slum area. Pigs are usually peaceful animals which do not cause any harm if not provoked. Pigs residing in jungles are quite ferocious and dangerous. They attack anyone without any provocation. Many people prefer to tame pigs because of the innocence and cute appearance of the animals. Commercially meat of the pigs popularly known as pork is a favourite food of many people. Such pigs are usually nurtured in great care and fed with hygienic diets. Many firms do export such well nurtured pigs in many European countries. Boar is often used for male pigs and gilt is often used to refer female pigs. Eurasian Wild Boars are said to be the ancestors of the present pigs. Pigs possess sharp intelligence and can easily learn quite faster than a dog. Continue reading Pigs and various aspects related to them
Pigs are known to produce the most consumed meat of the world. The animal has a snout like nose with small eyes and curly tail. A thick body with short legs and four toes for each foot is found in this animal. They are omnivores consuming both vegetarian and non vegetarian foods. These animals fall in the category of scavengers and primarily feed on dead insects, tree barks, worms, excreta, garbage, rotting carcasses etc. Those staying in the wild are primarily feeding on grasses, leaves, fruits, flowers and roots. On occasions during captivity period, these animals can eat up their own younger ones to satisfy hunger.
Usually, a pig has big head paired with tall snout which is supported by the prenasal bone and disk cartilage along the tip. They use this snout for digging into soil in search of food which is a quite sensitive sense organ. A complete set of 44 teeth is found in the pigs and their canine teeth called tusks grow really fast. Growing continuously, these are perfectly sharpened by rubbing of lower and upper jaw lines. Pigs are quite intelligent and fast learners in terms of tasks and tricks. They have natural expertise in foraging activities while their power of smell is utilized in searching truffles across European nations.
Often the uprooting of plants in forests by pigs shakes the entire ecological balance. They consume small birds and also destroy the homes of ground dwelling birds. Their body is the breeding ground of parasites, bacteria and diseases which are infected to humans. A large number of parasitic worms are found within their digestive tract. Pigs flesh comprising of parasites like brucellosis, cysticercosis and trichinosis cause diseases among the humans. Influenza and swine flu viruses are released in the air from the lungs of pigs.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!